Spread across 82 hectares of land, the 150+ year old Singapore botanical garden is an UNESCO world heritage site and is the only tropical garden in the world to feature in this list. Visit early in the morning and you will be easily spending hours in this place. The garden opens at 5 am in the morning. The entry is free with the nearest MRT station located approximately 200m away. Carry spare memory cards and batteries for your camera/phone as there is plenty to shoot.
Click on the images to view large
National Orchid Gardens that houses the largest collection of orchids in the world is located inside the botanical garden. It has an entry fee of S$5 and opens at 8:30 am in the morning.
- National flower of Singapore is a hybrid orchid –Vanda Miss Joaquim
- Singapore’s Orchid Diplomacy honors visiting state heads and celebrities by naming hybrid orchids after them.
- Nearest MRT station: Botanical Gardens (Circle/Downtown line)
- Admission: Free, (Orchid Gardens: S$5 for adults, $$1 for students and senior citizens, free for children below 12 years)
- Opening hours: 5 am – 12 am midnight (Orchid Gardens: 8:30 am – 7 pm (last ticket sale at 6 pm)