There are four main types of travel agents in the travel and tourism industry: high street, business, callcentre and Internet.
What are the types of travel agent?
Full-service agency: The agency offers convenient one-stop shopping; save time and money by letting us handle every aspect of your trip from lodging to activities. Commercial agency: The agency which commercialize their services through various methods in the market like selling services online and offline etc.
What major is travel agent?
Bachelor’s in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The courses relevant to the travel agent career are Hotel and Lodging Operations, Accounting, Computer Technology, Hospitality Services Marketing, Legal Business, Organizational Management, and more.
What are the functions of travel agent?
What does a travel agent do?
- promoting and marketing the business.
- dealing with customer queries and complaints.
- providing advice about visas or passports.
- recruiting, training and supervising staff.
- managing budgets.
- maintaining statistical and financial records.
- selling holidays and insurance.
What are the six major sectors of the travel industry?
There are six major components of tourism, each with their own sub-components. These are: tourist boards, travel services, accommodation services, conferences and events, attractions and tourism services. Below, I will explain what each of the components offer to the tourism industry and provide some relevant examples.
What are the elements of a travel agent?
- The travel agents should have the following elements.
- Good Communication skills.
- Customer Service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Organizational skills.
- Sales skills.
- Knowledge of Destination.
Do travel agents have to go to college?
Formal Training Needed to Become a Travel Agent
While some four-year colleges, community colleges, and trade schools offer tourism certifications, it is not a requirement for those trying to become a travel agent.
Do travel agents go to school?
Most travel agents need at least a high school diploma, but some college education can help you gain essential knowledge in areas such as tourism, best business practices, international affairs and marketing.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. … “You’ll see more agencies charging, say, $150 to $300 to put a trip together but then you get that back when you actually book with them.”
What are the 3 departments of a travel agency?
The role of most agencies has been diversified into a series of services that can be divided into six main areas:
- 1) Travel Management. …
- 2) Passenger assistance. …
- 3) Consulting. …
- 4) Marketing and internal communication. …
- 5) Technology. …
- 6) Leisure Services.
What are the 5 basic functions of a travel management agency?
The most important functions of a travel agency are described below:
- Travel Information: A retail travel agency provides necessary travel information to the general public. …
- Preparation of Itineraries: …
- Liaison with Providers of Service: …
- Ticketing: …
- Provision of Foreign Currencies: …
What are the different types of tours?
There are 3 main types of tours:
- Sightseeing Tours. …
- Shore Excursion Tours. …
- Adventure or Sporting Tours. …
- Other Types of Tours. …
- Combining Tours.
What are the five major tourism and hospitality supply components?
Tourism supply components are classified into five main categories:
- Natural Resources.
- Transportation and transportation equipment.
- Hospitality resources.
What are the 5 components of tourism destination?
These key elements are known as the 5 A’s: Access, Accommodation, Attractions, Activities, and Amenities.
What are the 8 sectors of tourism industry?
The 8 Sectors of the Tourism Industry
- The 8 Sectors of the Tourism Industry.
- Adventure Tourism and Recreation. …
- Attractions. …
- Events and Conferences. …
- Food and Beverage. …
- Tourism Services. …
- Transportation. …
- Travel Trade.